MHUB-OS 8 and uControl 2 update troubleshooting and FAQ
Below is a list of three issues which have been reported to HDANYWHERE (HDA) after updating older systems to MHUB-OS 8 (MOS 8). If you have encountered any of these problems then you will find a solution below. If your issue is not shown below then contact the HDA support team via email on – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jump to issues and solutions:
- My MHUB is stuck in a loop and is always prompting me to update again – I can not access any other MHUB-OS page.
- I am having problems connecting with HDA Cloud because there is an error with my serial number.
- I have connected to my MHUB and all my settings are gone.
- I can’t get uControl to connect to MHUB.
- I have an 8×8 system and I can not control my TVs anymore.
I’ve clicked the update from within MHUB-OS and now appear to be stuck on an update page and cannot access any other MHUB-OS page.
This error can occur when MHUB fails to complete the update process completely. This can be caused by a power outage, multiple sessions of MHUB-OS being open at the same time (browser tabs, app) or network issues as the update is applied to MHUB. This has been patched in version 8.02 of MHUB-OS. However, if you find yourself with a problem like this, you will need to contact HDANYWHERE technical support services by emailing email@example.com with the subject line: “Update error code:728″ and we will treat this with the highest priority.
I’ve updated to MHUB-OS 8 and when linking to HDA cloud it says there is an error with my serial number.
This error can occur when the MHUB cannot connect with HDA cloud. This can be caused by network issues or power outage. This has been patched in MHUB-OS version 8.02. However, should you find yourself in this situation you can recover the serial number following these steps
- Step 1 – Load a web browser on a pc or mac(such as Chrome), and enter the following in to the URL bar [MHUB IP ADDRESS]/diagnostics.php. Then click on “GET SERIAL NUMBER”
- Step 2 – Confirm that you want to change the serial number
- Step 3 – You will get a notifcation saying that the serial number has been updated, and should notice the serial number is showing in the system information section near the top of the page.
If after using the serial number recovery method above, it still does not appear, you will need to contact HDANYWHERE technical support services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Update error code:628″
uControl has updated, when I reconnected to my MHUB all my settings were gone.
This can occur when reconnecting to your MHUB after uControl has updated to version 2 or greater and selecting the incorrect option. When uControl loads you are shown 2 options:
- “SETUP A NEW MHUB SYSTEM” – This is used when you are connecting to a brand new or unconfigured MHUB system. If you select this option and have a previously configured system, all user data will be removed requiring the MHUB to be fully reconfigured like a new system.
- “CONNECT TO AN EXISTING MHUB SYSTEM” – This is used when you are connecting to a previously configured MHUB system. Existing data will remain untouched, and uControl will sync the data stored. If you were connected with a previous version of uControl this option should be used.
After the update, uControl can not connect to MHUB
HDANYWHERE released an update to uControl and all MHUB systems on Wednesday 10th October 2018. To ensure that your MHUB works correctly both your MHUB and uControl must be on the correct software version.
MHUB / MHUB-OS = version 8 or above
uControl (iOS / Android) = version 2 or above
If you find that one version of uControl can connect to MHUB and the other can not then it is very likely that you did not complete the update to MHUB-OS. As soon as you have run this process then uControl should work on all devices with no issue. For this solution HDANYWHERE are assuming that your system is already in a pre-configured state and that you are wanting to CONNECT TO AN EXISTING SYSTEM.
Steps to resolve this issue:
- Ensure that you have the latest version of uControl installed on your iOS or Android device. Download uControl for iOS or download uControl for Android
- Once you have the app installed, please load it up and follow the instructions here:
I have a 8×8 or 8×6+2 system and after the update, I lost the ability to control my TVs
If you are able to control your source devices with uControl but can not control your displays then a quick update to your MHUB will resolve this problem. Instructions detailing how to update your MHUB can be found here. Ensure that you use uControl to update your MHUB and do not try to update your system via MHUB-OS.